Saint Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Russia. Combining Russian and European cultures in tradition and is highly recommended for traveling. Saint Petersburg was once the capital of Russia just ten years after the city was founded. Saint Petersburg has become Russia’s new capital city in 1712 and it remained as the capital for almost 200 years only during the Revolution of 1917 when the Russian empire declared itself a republic, the Moscow regained its title.
Escape the chilly winter this year by making your reservations today with Spirit Airlines. You will get an amazing opportunity to travel because everything has been made cheaper. From cheaper Spirit Airfares, cheap group packages, flash sales, cheap last-minute deals, it is simply the cheap season. Don’t miss any part of it –make your Spirit Airlines Reservations or dial Spirit Airlines Toll-free number today.
Here are some unique facts about St Petersburg which even the locals are not aware of:
1. Saint Petersburg is not only the city in the world with that name, in the US states with the name Petersburg.
2. Saint Petersburg is called north in Venice because 10% of the total area of the city is covered with water. By this indicator, St Petersburg ranks first among Russian cities and takes one of the first places in the world.
3. It is like aided on 42 islands in a haze over 300 bridges. St Isaacs Cathedral is one of the largest in Russia and the fourth largest in the world. But despite the gigantic size, during the years of World War II, it was never subjected to direct bombing. At 43 meters high is the observation deck where you get a 360-degree view of the area.
4. The 600 ton Alexander Column on Palace Square has been built out of a single piece of red granite. It has stood vertical for almost 200 years and is held in place only by its own gravity.
5. Throughout history, the Winter Palace was a residence for the monarchs, a military hospital a place of work for the provisional; government.