Montreal is the 2nd most populated region in Canada across the Canadian province of Quebec. Learn more interesting facts about Montreal with the list we have made for you.
No more waiting to talk to customer care, booking flights has been made hassle-free with Spirit Airline. Discover cheap flight fares specially made for you, Spirit Airlines Flight tickets are budget-friendly and make affordable for all kinds of seasonal travelers. Book cheap Spirit Airlines flight fares for one-way, round trips throughout the United States and global destinations.
1. Montreal was founded as Ville Marie or as the City of Mary in 1642. It got its name after Mount Royal which is a triple peak in the city.
2. It is located on the east of Ottawa -196 km and 258km from the southwest of the provincial capital.
3. Montreal is home to 1,704,694 people according to the 2016 census. The official language is French with 61.2% of the population speaking it.
4. Montreal is a bilingual city and the 2nd largest French-speaking city after Paris.
5. Montreal has been ranked as the 12th most liveable city in the world according to the Economist Intelligence Unit and also one of the best cities in the world.
6. Montreal has hosted several important events and conferences like the 1967 International and Universal Exposition, the 1976 Summer Olympics, three Canadian Grand Prix of Formula One, the Just for Laughs Festival, the Les Francois de Montreal, etc.
7. Ranked as the Alpha world City this charming city is home to the well-known ice hockey team-the Montreal Canadians.
8. Some of the most beautiful attractions in Montreal include Notre Dame Basilica of Montreal, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Mount Royal, Montreal Botanical Garden, La Rone, Biodome, Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal, Montreal Museum of Archaeology, Jean-Talon Market.
9. Montreal experiences warm summer humid continental type of climate with summers extremely hot and humid and winters are somehow cold.